True to IIG tradition, the 77th Annual dinner was a great opportunity for the insurance Industry to Engage, Connect and Grow. Held at the Sandton Convention Centre on the 29th of November 2018, 1 500 insurance delegates came together to celebrate another year of great learnings, development and growth in our Industry.
The evening was set to the theme for the event, “Once Upon A Time”, and guests arrived looking dashing in their beautiful gowns and impressive suits. Some have said it was a fairytale evening and that it succeeded in reminding us of the 107 years that the IIG has been serving the insurance industry. Guests also got to experience the many pages that have been turned in 2018 and the exciting new chapter that we look forward to in 2019.
The night opened with a Carla Jordan, IIG Deputy President, giving the loyalty toast to our country and the guests singing the national anthem led by a school choir.
Daniel Stevens’ presidential speech told the IIG’s 2018 story, congratulated the council and highlighted the institutes many initiatives throughout the year. In summary #YourIIG…
- Hosted 28 events, of which 11 were education events with 13 being official council meetings.
- Three formal insurance industry programmes, which saw a combined total of 30 classroom sessions, excursions and networking events. This included the Class of 2018 and Roots & Wings mentorship programme which is hosted in association with Linda Coetzee & Associates as well as the Insurance Leadership Development Programme (ILDP) in association with GIBS.
- These education programmes recognszed 55 graduating IIG students in 2018, and we hosted our first Insurance Graduation and Awards in collaboration with the Insurance Institute of South Africa (IISA) who also recognised South Africa’s top students.
- We’re launching the 4th IIG programme in 2019 in association with Masifunde Training Centre combined with the help from Sasria SOC Ltd and the industry’s donations to the IIG Bursary Fund.
- We drove 11 different CPD accredited events in Gauteng and abroad, all rated by the IISA – we are proud of the thousands of CPD Hours that were claimed by IIG delegates during the year.
- IIG Class Of 2019 built three houses for underprivileged families with the AMOR Housebuild
- Took 30 delegates on the ultimate international education and networking trip to Zurich and Amsterdam.
- Raised R480 000 for charities and our education bursary fund.
- We have launched an IIG Instagram page, have a look at @iigauteng
- AND In addition – we officially launch our new website. Visit iig.co.za and start exploring!
- We also implemented new CRM and accounting systems in the IIG office allowing your IIG to better care for our members and sponsors.
President Daniel expressed huge thanks to all the institute’s sponsors for 2018 who enabled us to deliver on our mandate, achieve objectives this year and drive our 2018 theme, “Striving For Excellence”.
The evening continued with a delicious three course plated meal, flashes of Disney movies and epic stories in time as well as entertainment made up of a dazzling live band whose, two vocalists sang beautifully to carry away the evening. Our guests were also treated to eight dancers who rehearsed specially choreographed sets providing with enhancing dancing entertainment until midnight – the princess hour!
Congratulations to the Long Service Award winners – these captains of industry were acknowledged for their longstanding industry service and we thank you for your loyalty and dedication.
In the 40 year award category: Anand Sewsaran, Debbie Wozny, Mike Pierce, Sagie Pillay.
And in the 50 year award category, David Harpur.
Sponsors pulled out all the stops enhancing our delegate’s experience of the gala dinner with their incredible activations. Thank you to all #YourIIG sponsors and supporters who hosted activations and competitions.
Activation stands were hosted by:
Genasys – Photobooths equipped with props and a memory to take home
Chubb – Spin and Win
Old Mutual Insure – Fun Interactive Game Stations
iTOO – Gin Bar
Constantia – Coffee Stand
Emerald – Networking Lounges
One Loyalty – Fuel Reward Cards
Lucky draws created so much excitement for the night:
An elated Camilla Osrin won the IIG InstaGram prize for being the institutes 77th Instagram follower. Camilla walked away with an Instax camera and hamper.
Bidvest Insurance – Lucky prize for two valued at over R8 000: Rugby weekend away to Durban including flights, accommodation for one night, UBER voucher, and tickets to the Sharks vs Lions/Bulls rugby game at Kings Park, hosted in the fully catered Bidvest Rugby Suite. Winner: Shannon Lee-Pires (Munich Re)
Santam – The Santam tailormade experience for two to the value of R10 000: Your choice of a tailormade experience. Choose between a hot air balloon trip and champagne breakfast / fine dining experience and a 1-night stay at Mosaic / weekend flights / car hire / accommodation for Cape Town or Durban | bungee off Soweto towers + tour / tickets to an upcoming concert / ballet or opera experience – including chauffeur and dinner. Winner: Lethabo-Thabo Royds (CN & Co)
One Loyalty – A business app to the value of R75 000.00.
Constantia – IIG International 2019 ticket give-away. Win a ticket on the Ultimate Education and Networking Tour! One lucky person will be going to Washington DC and San Francisco on the IIG International 2019 trip powered by Camargue! This lucky ticket is sponsored by Constantia. Winner: Yolandi Rex (Mercedes Benz)
To our insurance industry family, thank you for helping us Strive For Excellence in 2018 and here’s to an exciting 2019, remember that it is YOUR IIG – Engage, Connect, Grow!
An extra big and special thank you to our sponsors for this event, without whom it would never have been possible!
Main Sponsors: Discovery Insure | Emerald | Masifunde | Marsh | Old Mutual Insure | Santam
Co Sponsors: Allianz | Bryte | Camargue | Chubb | Constantia | Genasys | Global Choices | Guy
Carpenter | Hollard | Indwe Risk Services | MiWay | Munich Re | O’Keeffe & Swartz | One Loyalty |
Sasria SOC | Swiss Re | Tracker
Contributors: Bidvest Insurance | iTOO